Heart-shaped wine cork wall art adds beauty to an empty wall and makes for a meaningful gift for family and friends, particularly around Valentine’s Day. Read on to learn how to craft your own heart-shaped wall art using wine corks.
Heart-shaped wine cork wall art is a piece of handcrafted artwork consisting of wine corks painted and arranged to form a heart. It’s a fantastic way to upcycle wine corks and create a hanging decoration, particularly for a kitchen. Heart-shaped wine cork wall art is a lovely DIY gift idea for romantic occasions, such as Valentine’s Day or anniversaries. It also works as a gift for wine lovers.
This DIY project provides a bonding experience for parents and kids. It is also educational since
This tutorial describes the necessary supplies and step-by-step instructions for making heart-shaped wine cork wall art. It contains images, a video guide, and more tips and tricks to improve your design. The project shouldn’t take more than 2-3 hours to finish; most of that time is spent waiting for paint to dry.
- Wine corks
- Wooden board
- Acrylic paint. We used white and three shades of pink
- Hot glue gun
- Silk ribbon that matches the paint
- Lace ribbon
- Sharp knife
How do I craft heart-shaped wine cork wall art?
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make heart-shaped wine cork wall art:
- Paint the wooden board: Apply a coat of white acrylic paint to the wooden board on all sides. Add another coat if the initial results are patchy. Wait for the paint to dry between coats; proceed to the next step while waiting.
- Cut the wine corks: Use a sharp knife to slice the wine corks in half; they should be even, or the heart will look crooked.
- Make the heart: Arrange the cork slices on the wooden board to form a heart. Once you settle on the position of each cork slice, secure them in place with hot glue.allhanger
- Create the wall hanger: Cut a piece of silk ribbon; the length depends on how low you want your artwork to hang. Then, apply hot glue to both ends of the silk ribbon and attach them to the back of the board.
- Add the lace ribbon: Cut five pieces of lace ribbon – one longer and four shorter. Use the four piece to decorate the wooden board’s corners. Save the long for later.
- Paint the heart: Apply the three pink shades to the wine cork heart, painting only the flat inner part of the corks and not their edges. We made an ombre effect by going from dark to light up to down. Let the paint dry before proceeding.
- Add the finishing touches: Glue the leftover long piece of lace ribbon to the middle of the cork heart, horizontally. Your heart-shaped wine cork wall art is now complete!
Check out this 3-minute video guide that better illustrates the steps for crafting the wine cork heart wall hanging:
More tips and tricks
Check out our tips and tricks for improving or changing your wine cork heart wall hanging design:
- Create a more polished look: If the wine corks you have are uneven, create a more polished look by buying seamless wine corks from the craft store. But that defeats the purpose of upcycling.
- Try different colors: Use bolder and brighter shades, such as yellow and orange, or keep the wall art neutral white, black, or grey.
- Add more decorations: Embellish your design by adding buttons, beads, or other small trinkets, depending on the preferred design. For example, use dried moss to fill the empty spaces between the wine corks and create a natural design.
- Use other shapes: Create wine cork wall art in other shapes, depending on the occasion. For example, form a green triangle to illustrate a modern Christmas tree.
- Show an initial: If you’re planning to give away this wall art as a gift to someone, use their initial instead of a shape.
Creating heart-shaped wall art using wine corks is easy and fun. It’s a great idea for home decorations or gifts for family and friends. And there are endless customization options, as detailed in this guide. Check out more