I can’t help it, I have another
What You Need – DIY Easy Square Ring
(there is a free version!) Silhouette Studio Silhouette Alta 3D printer (comes with the 3D Printer) White filament (comes with the 3D Printer) Platform (comes with the 3D Printer) Platform tape
- Silhouette 3D Software (comes with the 3D Printer)
*This post contains affiliate links for products that I use and love!
Instructions – DIY Easy Square Ring
If this is your first 3D project, I did
- Measure the width of the inner circle of a ring that you own
- In Silhouette Studio, create a square then a circle inside. Align the center and middle of both shapes. Select both shapes and Make Compound Path. Save your design
- In the Silhouette 3D Software, open your design from step 2
- A pop-up will appear: Import As
- Select Extrusion
- The design will appear in 3d
- Make any adjustments to the dimensions on the top menu bar to ensure that the 3D version will fit your finger based on the measurement from step 1
- Select the 3D Print Tab on the right
- Select the Quality (I used the Standard option)
- Press Print. The machine will heat up and print – you will see the countdown of time as well
- Once the ring is printed, let it cool then remove the platform from the printer
- Use the spatula to gently remove your ring and any extra filament
Tip: If the ring is not completely smooth or has little strings of filament attached to it, cut off the excess filament and use an emory board (nail file) or sand paper to smooth the surface.
And that’s it! Now go place that sassy ring on your finger and show it off.
Looking for some more jewelry inspiration? Take a look at my other