Sometimes I think of ideas for projects and in my head they seem like a fantastic idea. And then when I go to pull them off, ehh, maybe not so much. Sometimes it’s the project, sometimes it’s just me. The past couple weeks have kind of felt like that. I’m a little all over the place, and what I’ve tried hasn’t quite clicked for me. I thought maybe working on some simple fall decor around the house would help break me out of my rut, but even that ended up feeling off – ha! After having some fun last year decorating my
1. Make it versatile. I wanted my decor to be able to work for fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving. Pumpkins mixed with plants are always a win in my book.
2. If you have a not so great floor, cover it with rugs! I updated our old grungy door mat with this
3. Keep it simple. I may have a lot of pumpkins, but the neutral colors help keep things calm and simple. Pick just one theme or color palette to go with, instead of mashing up a bunch of different things.
4. “Shop” your own home. Other than buying pumpkins and a new rug for in front of the door, everything else I had around the house and just used that.
5. Don’t take it too seriously. Just like life, your home and your decor will not always be picture perfect. And that’s okay – embrace it and know that it’s normal. And you’re normal. Stayed tuned to see my attempt at fall living room decor next week!