Last terrazzo project this week, I promise! Today, I’m sharing how we can take this modern take on a classic pattern and incorporate it into you daily life without spending a lot of money. This DIY Terrazzo Compact Mirror is basically an updated compact mirror using tattoo paper and a terrazzo pattern. Can you imagine how cute you will look, snapping that compact open anywhere? Read on for the full tutorial!
DIY Terrazzo Compact Mirror – What You Need:
(there is a free version!) Silhouette Studio Printer Scissors Temporary Tattoo Paper
- Wet towel
- Optional: Sealant
Terrazzo pattern White round compact mirror
*This post contains affiliate links for products that I use and love!
DIY Terrazzo Compact Mirror – Instructions:
- Open your terrazzo pattern in Silhouette Studio
- Replicate the pattern throughout the print area. If you have multiple compacts, you can use multiple patterns. Just make sure the pattern area will fit on the top of the compact
- Create a circle the size of the top of your compact on each pattern. The circle must have a line thickness greater than 0 so that you can see it when printed
- Send to print on tattoo paper
- Follow the directions on your tattoo package, and apply the clear adhesive sheet that came with your tattoo paper. Use your scraper to smooth the bubbles out
- Cut the circles
- Remove the clear adhesive paper for each one, and apply the tattoo face down to the top of the compact mirror
- Optional: After the tattoos have been applied, you can apply a sealant to protect the pattern
I love how it turned out! A modern way to add a touch of terrazzo to your beauty routine! Tell me how your compact mirror turned out in the comments below!
Looking for some more inspiration? Check out my other