Welcome to my newest project!
I have had this idea of making bohemian pom poms running through my mind over and over again until I decided to give it a try.
These babies turned out fantastically and I am absolutely delighted with them. I don’t think I would ever make an ordinary pompom after seeing how beautiful these turned out.
Do you like them? Here’s how I made them.
You can make a note which material is going to go first, second, etc. or work on a whim. I promise the effect will be equally attractive – you simply cannot go wrong.
1. I like starting with chunky yarn (although the one in the picture changes into a thread and gets chunky again after a few wraps). Wrap the yarn a couple of times. Cut it off at the upper side.
2. Add new yarn, preferably thinner (or thicker) than the first one. Cut it off as before. The number of wraps depends on you.
3. Add a sateen ribbon (all through the maker or just in a single spot). Cut it off.
4. Add elastic lace ribbon – repeat as in 3 above.
5. Wrap yarn (whichever you like) to cover the lace and ribbon nicely and
6. Wrap the crochet ribbon.