Join us for unique South Indian Food as we head over to Ulavacharu Restaurant in Hyderabad, India to sample 10 different mouthwatering Indian dishes. Many foreigners, if they are familiar with Indian Food, are most likely to have tasted Indian dishes from the north; however, South Indian cuisine is entirely different given the differences in climate and culture. If you are visiting Hyderabad this is great city to introduce you to the delights of unique South Indian food.
Subscribed to David’s Been Here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Davidsbeenhere
Our visit to Ulavacharu restaurant was one of the top highlights of our entire time in Hyderabad. We were graciously brought to the back of the kitchen where we could see first-hand how each unique South Indian dish was being prepared. While dinning it was just course after after course of delicious dishes brought to our table; each one of them with its own unique taste. We honestly couldn’t believe how much we ate by the end of this exotic feast of feasts. If you’re traveling to Hyderabad you must budget time to visit Ulavacharu restaurant.
Have you tried South Indian Food in Hyderabad before? What were you favorite South Indian dishes? Let us know in the comments below.
Unique SOUTH INDIAN FOOD | 10 Mouthwatering INDIAN DISHES at Ulavacharu Restaurant in Hyderabad 😋🇮🇳:
Hey guys, Sam here and today I’m back with another food adventure this time trying unique South Indian food in Hyderabad, India!
After taking you out for street food in the previous episode, in this video we’ll be going for a fancier meal at Ulavacharu, a restaurant specializing in Andhra cuisine and pulao rice dishes.
This dinner was a true feast where we enjoyed 10 courses of mouth watering Indian dishes. Some of the highlights included bamboo chicken, tandoori fish, claypot lamb pulao, eggplant pulao, and rose milk to bring down the spice!
We were also lucky enough to be invited into the kitchen to see how the meals are prepared. So bring your appetite and let’s head into this restaurant for a delicious dinner featuring lots of unique South Indian food!
10 South Indian Food (Dishes we tried):
1) Mysore Pak – a sweet milk-based dessert that’s a bit like fudge
2) Koramenu Tandoori Fish – also known as bullseye snakehead fish which is a popular summer dish in many parts of Andhra Pradesh
3) Bangla Kodi – small nuggets of chicken masala wrapped in a slice of potato
4) Royyala Vepudu – fried prawns with masala, cilantro and spicy green chili
5) Bamboo Chicken – cooked inside a bamboo shoot
6) Kodi Vepudu – Andhra style fried chicken in a spicy sauce
7) Rose milk – sweet milk beverage topped with pistachios, almonds, and coconut
8) Pandu Mirapakaya – a vegetable kebab with a tangy sauce
9) Raju Gari Kodi Pulao – a steamed rice dish cooked with chicken, vegetables, spices, and a fried hard-boiled egg on top
10) Matka Mutton Pulao – rice with lamb cooked in a clay pot
11) Gadwal Kodi Pulao – rice with chicken and tomatoes served on top of an omelet
12) Gutti Vankaya Pulao – a rice dish with eggplant, also the signature dish at this restaurant as it’s the owner’s mom’s recipe
Hyderabad Restaurant Directions and Information:
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Biryani & Andhra cuisine served alongside North Indian & Chinese staples in a casual setting.
Address: No.1299/F, Plot Next Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Rd Number 68, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034, India
Hours: Monday to Sunday 12–11:30p.m.
Phone: +91 40 2354 5596
* * * * * * * * * * * *
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Music We Use: http://bit.ly/SamAudreyMusic