Gorgeous fall is here, with it’s typical warm colors and first temperature falls. Whether you love it or not, sure you won’t miss the opportunity for some nice home redecorating, which doesn’t always mean expensive new furniture. Probably just placing new cushions and swapping around wall decor will be a game changer to the overall look. And if you, like me, are on a tight budget for home decor renovating, then this tutorial is just the perfect escamotage.
Leaves come in hand this month, just have a walk in the woods and you’ll discover plenty of colorful ones like mine. Grab vasious types and shapes and bring them home with you. Spot an area at your place where you used to have a hanged frame or even just a plain wall that you’ve always wanted to personalize. This tutorial is also perfect if you’re on rent, because it’s absolutely harmless to wall structure. Hop on the tutorial with us, read on and make this fall wall hanging.
- various leaves
- ligh blue acrylic paint
- nail art tape (white and gold)
- washi tape
1. Start by deciding how your hanging will look like; since I found mainly 2 types of leaves I decided to leave the bigger and orange ones on the center and place the smaller darker ones on the sides. Experiment various grouping options until you’re happy of the look.
2. Paint all of your leaves’ end with light blue paint, trying to make a straight line. If leaves are bumpy or curved you might need to paint them on the back as well.
3. Next, I decided to finish up the smaller leaves with a decorative line of white nail art tape.
4. The bigger leaver have much more space for decoration, so I decided to add 2 gold lines with a central white one. Gold is always a good idea.
5. In the end, hang them up on the wall facing downwards, like shown in the picture. Use two lines of a diagonally placed washi tape to keep them in place.
Well done! I think the result is very inspiring and adds a nice autumn accent to the home decor. You can also decide to hang them in different patterns or make a V shape or a garland shape: possibilities are endless!