During the summer, there’s nothing quite like grilling up some meats on your BBQ. If you’ve already got a grill, it’s time to focus on the gear. While you shouldn’t be spending a significant amount of money on your tools, it does pay to invest in a few quality tools that’ll turn your backyard into a barbecue haven.
To help you get started, we’ve curated a list of 10 of the best BBQ tools to get you started. We’ve got a variety of tools in this list from a wireless grilling smoke thermometer to a battery-powered fire starter. Before we delve into each of these items, we’ve also put together a comprehensive guide that’ll talk about the benefits of investing in such BBQ tools, and what you should look for when purchasing them.
Benefits of BBQ tools
Having and choosing the right BBQ tools for the right job is important. Not only will having the right BBQ accessories help you to clean and maintain your BBQ, but it’ll also allow you to get the most out of your BBQ experience. With these tools, you’ll be able to improve the flavor of your cooking and increase overall cooking efficiency and enjoyment.
BBQ tools are also great in ensuring that you don’t burn yourself when you’re grilling over a fire. Most of these tools have long handles or features that’ll help in protecting you from the flames of the wood fire or the heat radiating off the coal. As a bonus, they’re also usually easy to clean, sturdy, and bacteria resistant.
One of the greatest benefits of BBQ tools is being able to streamline your
Pros and cons of BBQ tools
There are some pros and cons to getting BBQ tools and we’ve helped to summarise it in the list below.
- Wide variety. Since there are such a plethora of BBQ tools, you’re sure to be able to find one that suits your needs best.
- Enhances your BBQ cooking. With these tools, you’ll be able to streamline your BBQ experience and may even be able to learn or try new cooking methods.
- Makes the BBQ experience easier. These tools are made for the BBQ, so they come with numerous features that’ll help with making your BBQ experience much more seamless.
- Protection. Since you’re BBQing over a hot flame or coal, these tools are designed to help protect you from the heat.
- Overwhelming. With so many BBQ tools available on the market, you may not know where to start or what you need and could end up flooding your kitchen with too many BBQ tools.
- Can be pricey. Depending on what you purchase, some BBQ tools can be relatively pricey.
What to Look for in BBQ Tools
When it comes to BBQ tools, what you’d need to look for really depends on what you’re purchasing. If you’re looking to buy grill tongs, for example, you’d be looking at the length, strength, and grip of the tongs. Such as whether or not it provides you with ample space away from the grill, and whether or not you’re able to grip both delicate vegetables along with meats with the tongs.
From an overall perspective, however, you’d want to look for BBQ tools that have four things. The first is durability. The tools that you purchase should be made with durable material and able to resist heat. The last thing you need is BBQ tools that melt over a hot fire or conduct heat poorly and cause burns.
The next thing to think about is the features of the tools. Currently, some tools come with wireless capabilities so you’re able to monitor your cooking progress from anywhere in the house – an incredibly nifty feature.
You’d also want these tools to be easy to use as the last thing you want is to spend a considerable amount of time trying to figure out how to operate your tools, especially when you just want to get cooking. The last thing to consider is the style. Perhaps you want your BBQ tools to match the style of your BBQ or your outdoor aesthetic, whatever it is you prefer there are plenty of BBQ tools out there to match your needs.
Top 10 Best BBQ Tool Sets – To Choose From
There’s little doubt that whoever opens this box will be delighted with the grilling tools received. The box set is held together with a stylish black velvet interior and adorned with polished metal hinges, clasps, and a handle. It’s a great gift set for those who love cooking outdoors, and the handles of all three grill tools are specially constructed with rich wood to help with heat dissipation.
- Comes engraved
- Has a total of three useful tools
- Finished with rustic wood handles
- Has a stylish interior
- Doesn’t have any additional features
With this fire starter, you’ll be able to
Instead of throwing flames, this lighter blows a hot airstream that can quickly ignite anything from charcoal to pellets and more. To use, all you’d have to do is plug this lighter into a wall socket and touch the nose to your wood or coals. In less than 15 seconds you’ll see sparks appear before a roaring fire. Other items that your purchase comes with include a 10-feet power cord, along with an integrated bottle opener that’s located at the foot of the lighter.
- Eliminates chemical tastes in your food
- Comes with a safety casing
- Speeds up the heating process of coals
- Remains cool to the touch after it has been turned off
- Takes a while to ignite on some materials
What’s great about this fire starter is that there’s no need for fuel making as it doesn’t use gas or lighter fluids – making it safe to use both inside and outdoors. At its highest temperature, it reaches 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit and since it’s a cordless lighter, you can easily take and use it anywhere you wish. Your purchase also comes with a 36V battery pack and charging base that’ll be all charged up in two hours.
- Great balance of heat and airflow
- Lights your grill quickly
- Safe to use both indoors and outdoors
- Cordless lighter
- On the pricier side of things
If you’ve ever needed a
Using your chimney starter is easy, all you need to do is place it on top of either newspaper that’s been crumbled or lighter cubes and go ahead and light it. Best of all, this starter is also made with aluminized steel that’s durable so it’s both long-lasting and sturdy.
- Extra-large size means it can hold several briquettes
- Easily lighted
- Made with durable aluminized steel.
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- Be careful as the plastic handle can melt
The app will even help to calculate how long your food will take to cook so you’ll get the perfect temperature every single time. You can even download recipes from the internet, and it comes with two high heat probes along with multiple timers so you can cook different foods at the same time. Upon charging your thermometer, you’ll be able to use it wirelessly for four hours and comes with a plug-in rechargeable battery that you can also use an unlimited number of times.
- Wi-Fi capabilities
- Choose the doneness that you prefer
- Calculates how long your food will take to cook
- You can use it wirelessly for up to four hours
- Some have encountered issues with setting up the app
You can’t barbecue without a solid set of tools. Purchase this
The tongs are great for picking up a range of items from the grill to delicate vegetables and meat, while your spatula will help with flipping eggs, pancakes, burgers, and more. The fork is great for holding meat in place, and these tools are sized and weighted perfectly to suit any grill.
- Comes with a spatula, tongs, and a fork
- Features both a walnut handle along with a brass rivet
- Made with high-grade stainless steel for durability
- Sized and weighted perfectly
- Don’t come with anything to hang them on your grill
The app is constantly updated with specially curated content such as videos and tutorials to have you at your grilling best. It also starts quickly, runs quietly, and can hold up to four temperature probes. Its also got a chic classic design that’s water-resistant and made of stainless steel.
- Full control of your cooking from the smart device
- You can choose a variety of recipes from the app
- The app is updated with specially curated content
- Can hold up to four temperature probes
- Temperature is sometimes not constant
Your purchase also comes with eight aluminum hybrid probes along with a magnetic mount so you’re able to place your thermometer anywhere and never have to worry about it falling off. The app will alert you when your food or the grill has reached its set temperature, and the display system has an anti-glare coating along with a viewing angle that can be adjusted 360-degrees. Since it’s battery-operated, the thermometer can also last for 48 hours before needing to be recharged.
- Hybrid wireless connectivity
- Choose between preset or custom temperature alarms and timers
- Comes with eight aluminum hybrid probes
- Has a magnetic mount
- Some have mentioned that the probe wire is not long enough
Turn any grill into a
With each purchase, you’ll get one meat probe and one ambient probe for various conditions, and you can easily charge the hub with a rechargeable battery with the LED display letting you know when the charge is complete. For your convenience, the back of the hub has a magnet so you can stick it to any surface, while the app itself has numerous programs and tips during the grilling process – it’ll even alert you when it’s time to flip your food.
- Monitors your grill’s temperature
- Can hold four probes at once
- Easily charge the hub with a rechargeable battery
- Can provide you with numerous programs and tips during the grilling process
- Has very limited programs
There’s nothing like having a well-constructed
Your purchase comes with six 5-inch knives that are great for cutting your favorite meats from steak to chicken and more. It also comes in a well-presented wooden box that also makes a great gift for any occasion.
- Durable knives that are long-lasting
- Made from German-quality stainless steel
- Razor-sharp edge
- Comes in a well-presented box
- Relatively pricey
The Bottom Line
There you have it, some of the best BBQ tools that we’ve found. There are plenty of options to choose from, and you’re sure to find some BBQ tools that meet your needs. The great thing about these options is that there’s a variety of tools depending on your BBQ needs. With numerous types, you’re sure to find something suitable from the list above.