The beautiful Bubble lamp was designed by George Nelson in 1947 as an innovative alternative to pendant lighting. Part of the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the iconic mid-century pendant has stood the test the time, with a translucent shell wrapped around a modern wire frame. i’ve had pear-shaped bubble lamp for over 10 years and it’s still my favorite fixture. modernica, who has always celebrated the beauty of mid-century modern design is hosting a massive sale on Bubble Lamps at their L.A. Showroom this month and since not all of you can make it there — they’re giving away a george nelson bubble lamp of your choice to one lucky sfgirlbybay reader.
• comment below, letting us know you’ve followed @modernica on instagram.
• please comment by wednesday, august 17th, 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• yay! this giveaway for the gift card available worldwide, but free shipping to the winner only applies to the continental U.S.. please be aware if you should win and live out of the U.S. you will need to pay shipping costs.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random number generator on my twitter account the week of august 22nd, so be sure and follow along.