Subscribe for more DIY’s!: http://bit.ly/subthesorrygirls
Happy Tuesday!! Today’s video is a little break from our usual Loft Vibing and room makeover-ing. Follow me (Kelsey!) as I show you what I eat in a day and what food waste you can use from your everyday meals to dye fabrics! I tried onion skins, avocados, blackberries, and more!! I was seriously shocked by which dyes worked and which didn’t. Which dye were you the most surprised about?!
White Cotton Mask (similar): https://tidd.ly/2GVlKMT
Natural Dying Videos:
Billy Nou: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJzrFsUywxmh88MdehJv9qw
The DIY Designer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU43Ja7gKvw
Ecofriend .lia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU43Ja7gKvw
Casa Caribe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr62DUbhCBM
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa, Cabbage, Avocado, and Spicy Yogurt
* Recipe from Meal Lime *
– One Avocado
– 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro
– One Jalapeno Pepper
– One Lime
– One Mango
– 0.34kg of Raw Peeled Shrimp
– 1/2 Red Onion
– 8 Small Corn Tortillas
– Chili Powder
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. If using frozen shrimp defrost in a colander. Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
2. Wash and dry fresh produce.
3. Zest and juice lime into a medium bowl.
4. Peel mango and slice the flesh away from the pit, starting with the flat sides. Medium dice and add to the bowl with the lime.
5. Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems. Mince leaves and add to the bowl.
6. Quarter the jalapeno lengthwise. Seed and remove ribs with a spoon. Finely dice and add to the bowl. (Be careful! Don’t touch your eyes!)
7. Peel and mince onion, add to the bowl along with salt and pepper. Stir to combine the salsa and set aside.
8. Place yogurt, chili powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
9. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
10. Peel and mince garlic.
11. Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
12. Add shrimp to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Once done, chop into small pieces and set aside.
13. Meanwhile, trim off and discard the rood end of the cabbage. Quarter the cabbage lengthwise and remove the core.
14. Halve and pit the avocado; slice crosswise while still in the skin and scoop out with a spoon.
15. Warm tortillas in another skillet, oven, or microwave.
16. To serve, divide tortillas between plates, top with cabbage, avocado, shrimp, salsa, and spicy yogurt.
BLOG // http://www.thesorrygirls.com
INSTAGRAM // https://www.instagram.com/thesorrygirls
PODCAST // https://anchor.fm/a-little-about-a-lot
FACEBOOK // http://www.facebook.com/thesorrygirls
PINTEREST // http://www.pinterest.com/thesorrygirls
TWITTER // http://www.twitter.com/thesorrygirls
TIKTOK // https://vm.tiktok.com/bFtvUH/
KELSEY’S INSTA // https://instagram.com/kelseymarillis/
BECKY’S INSTA // https://instagram.com/beckyylynne/
click to never miss a DIY: http://bit.ly/subthesorrygirls
DIY & LIFESTYLE CHANNEL // http://youtube.com/TheSorryGirls
VLOG & Q&A // http://youtube.com/TheSorryLife
OUR FILMING EQUIPMENT
MAIN CAMERA // http://bit.ly/2RpDz73
MEMORY CARD // http://bit.ly/2RnUoz1
FILMING LENS // 24-105mm – http://bit.ly/2RqyueC
CAMERA + LENS ADAPTER // http://bit.ly/2Q2SUxz
PHOTOGRAPHY CAMERA // http://bit.ly/2RqQ81I
PHOTOGRAPHY LENS // 35mm – http://bit.ly/2Rs7wmQ
ON-CAMERA MIC // http://bit.ly/2Q3nSG3
AUDIO RECORDER // http://bit.ly/2RpaHf6
LAV MICS // http://bit.ly/2Q4q7ZI x2
Edited by: Nick Liske and Justin Abalos
Not sponsored yo.
Please note that we are not professionals and that all projects seen on our channel must be completed at your own risk. We do not take responsibility for any harm or injury that may occur. Be safe!