I had fun working on a client project this week for her summer cottage. We worked with a lot of her own furniture and added in a few fresh things that will update the cottage without doing a major makeover on it. I came across some great items while I was sourcing. Hope this also helps you create a summer home you’ll enjoy!
1. Sherwin Williams
2. Large jute basket for throws and pillows by
3. Striped towels for kitchen and bath by
4. Grow herbs and succulents on windowsills.
5. Jute rug from
6. Black iron hooks for entryway from
7. Stump stool – check locally (I sell in Fredericton, NB) or
8. Colourful seagrass basket at door for shoes and gear, by
9. Summer throws by
10. Pretty bowl for display or serving, from
11. Beachy and beautiful art by the talented
12. Refresh your cushions with covers in blues, greens, and aquas and support small-business makers on
13. Pull up some casual wicker chairs to a dining table or a small bistro table and get comfy while spending time with family or friends (or a good book). From
14. Paint out an old wood dining table if it’s not in great shape. Or find one at a flea market or yard sale. Prime first and then paint in untinted white semi-gloss. Put a coat of water-based polyurethane on top to keep it from chipping.
15. Add some ambient lighting to stretch out your evenings. This glass one from
16. Find some driftwood, an interesting rock, or a shell to put on display and bring the benefits of nature inside.
17. Give your home a boost of green with a large plant such as a fiddle leaf fig, palm, or philodendron selloum. All are great for winter too as they detox the inside air.
For more sources of artwork and decor check out my