I loved this top I made a few months ago so much that I made another one, but this time in a textured stretchy ponte. I didn’t have enough material to make it fully lined, so only lined the front. Considering how haphazardly I drew this one, surprised I only had one minor issue with the neckline (fixed with taking in slightly). So pleased.

1.5 of medium-firm fabric with stretch  |  Scissors  Thread & Sewing machine  |  Pins  |  Also used some bias tape for the back of the neckline
I. My cut top pieces (I’m EU36/US4). I cut one back piece and two of the front piece.
II. First did darts on the front pieces:
III. Then took one front piece and the back piece, and did the shoulder seam.
Next I made my ruffle pieces, just like in this first version of this top
IV. Pinned my gathered ruffles onto the top, and sewed them in place. 

This is what I had then:

To calm the ruffles down a bit, I did a top-stitch on them:

V. The rest was just finishing the lining, I first pinned it along the neckline, sewed that, then sewed the linings together along the front halves of the arm holes. The back of the neckline and the back parts of the arm holes I finished with bias tape. After did the neckline, I tried the top on and realized I overestimated my bust.. so I added darts on either side of the neckline V to fix the fit.

The sides I did by sandwiching the back piece sides in between the two lining pieces. Last bit was to hem (folded front pieces inwards, and just a single fold at the back.