Raise your hand if you have more notebooks than you’ll ever need but can’t help buying more. Yeah, me too ? I’m a bit of a notebook-aholic. I have all different shapes and sizes but absolute favourites are the pocket size notebooks you can pop in your bag. Perfect for jotting down notes or lists while I’m out and about.
I made these notebooks using some blank greetings cards I bought in the sale a few months ago. The cards were too pretty to part with so I decided to turn them into some cute pocket notebooks instead. You can never have too many notebooks, right?
1. Fold your paper in half. Stack your folded paper one inside of the other.
2. Open out your card and line up the center of your folded paper stack with the center of your card.
3. Use a long arm stapler to secure the pages.
4. Fold your notebook close. At this point you’ll notice that the edge of the pages don’t line up. Take your X-Acto knife and a steel ruler and cut through the paper to make an even edge.
To get a smooth finish make several light cuts rather than pressing hard and trying to cut all the pages in one go.
5. Decorate with stickers or leave blank. I used these alphabet stickers from
You can press your notebooks overnight under a couple of heavy books to help them stay flat.
I’ll be keeping mine on hand, one in my bag and one on my bedside table for future blog post ideas and diy inspiration. What do you use your notebooks for? Shopping lists? Doodles? Travel notes? The best thing about a blank notebook is that it holds a million possibilities.