Family Villa XL is a project designed by SoNo arhitekti, is located on the outskirts of a new residential area and it is designed for a large family of seven. Area is dominated by typical Slovenian urban / rural landscape, that is why the design paraphrases the surrounding typical architectural elements.
The house is conceptually formed from two mutually parallel volumes and one connecting volume, which is placed perpendicularly to the other two. All the volumes are elongated with symmetrical gable roofs. Shortest volume is extended into a roofed carport. Floor plans are spacious and organized in three levels. Living area, enclosed with large glass surfaces opens to the atrium maintaining the flowing communication between the house interior and surrounding nature. Facade is composed with large-format panels – the connection volume in lighter and the other two in darker colours. Larger glass surfaces are moved inwards and combined with wood cladding. Placed over them is a pattern of vertical narrow wooden elements that simultaneously function also as sunscreens.
Architecture: SoNo arhitekti
Architects: Edvard Blažko, Marko Volk, Nina Tešanović
Site Area: 1780 m2
Nett Building Area: 410 m2
Year of Completion: 2016
Photographs: Žiga Lovšin
- Memory house in Mercedes by +Arqs
- Compact Karst house by Dekleva Gregoric Arhitekti
- White paradise by GAO architects
- XXS house by Dekleva Gregoric Arhitekti
- Housing Perovo by Dekleva Gregoric Arhitekti
- Apartment by GAO Architects
- Galjevica by GAO architects
- House Without Borders by Architectural studio Chado
- House in Sardinia by ZDA Zupelli Design Architecture studio
- 360 Villa by 123DV
The post House XL by SoNo arhitekti appeared first on MyHouseIdea.