Hey everyone! Today’s tutorial is one that I’ve seen popping up everywhere. It’s kind of the “braid of the moment” so I wanted to share my own tutorial for this cool hairstyle. It’s a spin on the traditional infinity braid and creates a cool “feathered” or “waterfall” pattern.
Make sure to give it a try if you love a challenge and let me know what you think of the tutorial in the comments below! Thanks so much for watching! xo, Missy
Half Up Diamond Infinity Braid Supplies:
Half Up Diamond Infinity Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by dividing out a small section of hair at the back of the head. This is going to be the ‘wrapping piece’.
- Step 2 / Now divide out another section on the right side. This is going to be the ‘right section’.
- Step 3 / With the wrapping piece, wrap the section clock-wise around the right section of hair.
- Step 4 / Now pick up a new section of hair on the left side. This is going to be the ‘left section’.
- Step 5 / Take the wrapping piece and wrap this counter clock-wise around the left section.
- Step 6 / Now pick up a new section of hair and add it into the right section.
- Step 7 / Then wrap the ‘wrapping piece’ clock-wise around the right section.
- Step 8 / Pick up a new section of hair and add it into the left section.
- Step 9 / Wrap the left section counter clock wise with the wrapping piece.
- Step 10 / Now add a new section of hair into the right section and wrap it clock-wise with the wrapping piece.
- Step 11 / Then add a new section into the left section and wrap it counter clock-wise with the wrapping piece.
So the left and right sections are always staying in the same place and the wrapping piece is always in between the two sections.
As you’re braiding, make sure to keep the wrapping piece really right around the two sections to avoid getting any gaps in the braid. If the middle wrapping piece starts to feel too thin or short, pick up a new section of hair from underneath and add it in.
- Step 12 / Continue repeating those steps until hair is brought in from the top of the ears.
Now reverse the braid and start taking small sections out instead of adding them in.
- Step 13 / Divide off a small piece of hair from the right section and then wrap it with the wrapping piece, working in the same direction as before.
- Step 14 / Now divide off a small piece from the left section, and then wrap the left section counter clock-wise with the wrapping piece.
- Step 15 / Repeat those steps, taking out small pieces of hair from each section, continuing to wrap them in the infinity pattern, until the side sections become too small to split.
- Step 16 / Now take a clear elastic band and wrap it over the bottom of the braid to hold it in place.