Throwing your hair into a ponytail has always been a popular go-to style because it’s super quick and easy. A fun way to elevate your everyday pony is by adding a cute french braid into the mix.
For today’s tutorial, I thought it’d be fun to recreate this
Have you already mastered the french braid? If not, be sure to check out my
French Braid Ponytail Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- Clear elastic band
- Hair band
- 1 1/4″ curling iron
French Braid Ponytail Instructions:
To prep my hair for this hairstyle, I curled small sections with a 1 1/4″ curling iron.
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair where you normally part it; you can also do this style without a part.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section of hair at the crown and divide it into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 3 / Cross the left strand over the middle and then cross the right strand over the middle.
- Step 4 / Now cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over the middle strand as well.
- Step 5 / Then cross the right strand over the middle, picking up a new section of hair and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps crossing the side strands over the middle strand while adding new sections into the braid until it reaches the nape of the neck.
- Step 7 / Then braid the hair a little further down and tie off the end of the braid with a clear elastic band.
- Step 8 / Now combine all of the hair together and tie it into a low ponytail.
- Step 9 / Once it’s tied off, remove the elastic band from the end of the braid and unravel it.
- Step 10 / Then take a small section of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and secure the wrapped piece with a clear elastic band.