Everyone knows the best baches are simple, nostalgic and low-maintenance, and with a few licks of paint, yours can also be super chic.
In association with
THE STYLIST SAYS…
– This Scandi-esque look is easily achieved with just a few tonal colours. Earthy shades like Resene Half Stonehenge and Resene Dusty Road pair beautifully with timber.
– Take the rustic chic of plywood walls up a notch with a coat of Resene Colorwood Whitewash, which retains the natural beauty of the woodgrain.
– Crisp white Resene Soapstone floors are modern and practical, and provide a counterpoint to the detail in the timber.
– Create an elegant artwork by painting pieces of fabric with Resene testpots, then layering them in interesting compositions. We used sewing-pattern pieces to form abstract shapes. Cut and remove any excess fabric, then place your work in a wooden frame; choose one with a white mat board to enhance the effect.
– Update the classic bachy blend of pre-loved odds and sods with pared-back designer furniture and artisanal statement pieces.
AS WOOD AS IT GETS
New Zealand meets Nordic in our material palette too. Team painted
or stained plywood walls with an oak table and objects made from different types of native timber. Add extra texture and softness with sheepskins.
PAINT SWATCHES, FROM LEFT Resene Colorwood Whitewash; Resene Soapstone; Resene Half Stonehenge; Resene Dusty Road; Resene Dover White;
BACKDROP Wall in Resene Colorwood Whitewash; floor in Resene Walk-on in Resene Soapstone,