Hello! Today’s tutorial is a favorite of mine because… headband braids! I love this type of style and decided to switch things up with two french braids instead of one. Of course, this would also look great with dutch braids or fishtail braids so if you’d love to see a tutorial for one of those, be sure to let me know! On another note, make sure to follow me on
Double Headband French Braids Supplies:
Double Headband French Braids Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair from the part down to the left ear.
- Step 3 / Then divide this forward section into two sections, clipping away the forward hair.
- Step 4 / With the back section of hair start a french braid by picking up a piece near the part and dividing it into three sections.
- Step 5 / Cross the right strand over the middle, then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 6 / Now cross the right strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it into the middle.
- Step 7 / Then cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 8 / Repeat those steps continuing the french braid, crossing the side strands over the middle strand while bringing new sections into the braid until it reaches the temple.
- Step 9 / Then stop adding new sections into the braid and just continue braiding the section down to the ends and then slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 10 / Now let down the front section of hair and braid this into a second french braid.
- Step 11 / Now clip away the hair from the crown of the head.
- Step 12 / Tie the two braids to a small section of hair at the back of the head.
- Step 13 / Let down the top hair to hide the ends of the braids.
- Step 14 / Set the style in place with hairspray.