See just how simple it is to make this DIY Vote Sweatshirt using iron on letters and a bit of embroidery.
We wanted to make something to show our passion for getting out there and voting! It is so important to get out there and VOTE! Often as a crafter I get caught up in the work projects instead of personal projects, and this was the perfect little passion project. It is incredibly simple to make this sweatshirt – a project that would be great to make with your kids.
You could also use this same technique on a t-shirt or canvas bag!
DIY Vote Sweatshirt Supplies
- Iron On letters
- Embroidery thread and needle
- Wash and dry sweatshirt
- Cut out iron on letters and lay onto sweatshirt
- Lay a cotton towel on top of letter and iron (following directions on packaging)
- Allow to cool and remove the plastic layer
- Add some color and texture by embroidering french knots onto the sweatshirt. I used five different colors of thread.
We love adding embroidery to unexpected items – like
Some other iron on letter options that we love are:
Ideas for sweatshirts