We’ve wanted to make a swan costume for Miss M ever since we put together this little Valentine
To make the swan costume you’ll need…
- cardboard box sized to fit around the child
- cardboard for wings and swan neck and head
- card stock paper for the wing feathers
- glitter cardstock for crown
- white acrylic craft paint
- paper or paint for beak and eyes
- cut child size hole from top and bottom of cardboard box
- cut 4 slits on the top, as per the drawing, for elastic straps to go in and a slit for the swan neck to go into
- cut swan head and neck
- cut out two ovals for the wings. paint ovals, box and neck and head white. decorate beak and eyes.
- cut out paper feathers and glue onto ovals until full
- insert swan neck into body. glue if necessary
- insert elastic or ribbon for straps. criss cross for a better hold.
- add glitter crown to swan head.
- you’re ready to play!