Combine different woods and stains with painted pieces for an effortlessly cohesive look.
In association with
– Resene Colorwood stains are an easy yet high-impact way to add richness and depth to timber while allowing the grain to show through. Just one coat of warm brown Resene Colorwood in Resene Bark transformed our plywood back wall.
– Coating interior timber with a clear finish like Resene Aquaclear protects it and makes it easier to wipe clean.
– Décor objects made from unfinished timber can also be reimagined with stains. For this vignette, we used cool- toned Resene Colorwood in Resene Touch Wood to turn an inexpensive bowl into something more special.
– You don’t have to match the colours of your wooden items when decorating a space. For best effect, use a mix of types and tones.
– Timber is ideal for combining with neutrals. Avoid crisp white and pure black in favour of more mellow shades, such as black-green (like our pillar in Resene Eternity, far left) and off-white (as in our archway in Resene Blanc).
MAIN IMAGE, BACKDROP, FROM LEFT Pillar in Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen in Resene Eternity; back wall in Resene Colorwood in Resene Bark with Resene Aquaclear Satin; floor in Resene Colorwood in Resene Natural with Resene Qristal ClearFloor 2K; archway in Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen in Resene Blanc,
PAINT SWATCHES, FROM LEFT: Resene Eternity, Resene Colorwood in Resene Bark, Resene Blanc, Resene Colorwood in Resene Natural, Resene Colorwood in Resene Touch Wood,