as you may have read, a couple of weekends ago i headed to
so, in order to learn more, i felt compelled to photograph each one and document their meaning. when
1. Lemurian seed quartz: balance + wisdom. have properties that aid you to retrieve ancient information & create spiritual healing in your life. will assist in removing all types of energy blockages. Use a Lemurian Quartz Crystal for healing and meditation work. shines a light on one’s emotional pain to create growth and self-love.
2. black tourmaline: protective + loving. one of the most protective and loving of all stones. alleviates stress and anxiety. increases clarity of thought, objectivity and rationalism. a protective stone which repels and blocks negative energies and psychic attack. also aids in the removal of negative energies within a person or a space. will cleanse, purify, and transform dense energy into a lighter vibration.
3. emerald calcite: change + balance. helpful for reaching mental balance, helps dissolve old energy patterns and beliefs that may be holding you back. often used in prosperity spells because it can draw money, abundance, and prosperity in your home or your business. It will increase the positive vibrations that surround you while removing the negative energies that can block the good energies. use to help release the comfortable old programs that you may be holding on to but which no longer serve you.
4. gem silica: Stone of Personal Voice. dispels fiery energies, angry words and sarcasm. As a stone aligned with Goddess energies, it can balance and empower the feminine energies in both women and men. facilitates the expression of our heart’s deepest truth and our minds greatest knowledge. Its calming, soothing energy helps to release stress, anxiety and fear-based imbalances in the body.
5. pyrite: fire energy + vitality. stone of action, vitality and will. inspires confidence and persistence. is a very protective stone, shielding the user from negative energy of all kinds. Pyrite blocks energy leaks and mends auric tears. Carry Pyrite in your pocket to protect you from both environmental pollution and physical danger. Pyrite also promotes good physical health and emotional well-being.
6. pink halite: clarify + calm. stone of clarity. its presence tends to dissolve foggy thinking, confusion, deception and doubt. has a peaceful, calming effect on the emotional body and is a wonderful healer. may be used to relieve mood swings, normalize emotions and reduce negative attitudes. It is also used to treat problems of the lower intestinal area, but isn’t recommended during pregnancy. Pink Halite is used to clear the heart chakra and encourage growth of tissues.
7. aragonite: grounding + stability. inspires conservation of mother earth, encourages conservation of Earth’s precious resources. sends light and energy all throughout your body and aura. relieves stress, negativity and past issues one is holding on to. can also be used for clearing blockages of energy and will also heal and balance your physical and emotional body.
8. agate: confidence + security. comes in a wide variety of colors. increases security and self-confidence. grounding and balancing, has a strengthening and stabilizing energy that will help you in your daily tasks. because of its many different layers it can bring new information and characteristics to the surface. ancient Egyptians believed agate to refer to as many things as protection against natural disasters like lightning, protection from thirst and as having the ability to deliver powers of speech.
9. opal: self-esteem + confidence. encourages freedom and independence. strenghtens memory and self-esteem. helps treating infections and fevers. has always been associated with love and passion, as well as desire and eroticism. It is a seductive stone that intensifies emotional states and releases inhibitions. It can also act as an emotional stabilizer. Wearing an opal is said to bring about loyalty and faithfulness.
10. rose quartz: self-esteem + love. one of the most popular crystals in healing, raises self-esteem and teaches us to love ourselves. this stone of unconditional loves opens the heart chakra to love in all of its forms. lowers stress and soothes. Famous for attracting and keeping love, rose quartz is also used when it comes to healing one’s heart from pain and disappointment.
11. amethyst: tranquility + contentment. chakra healing and balancing energy. opens you to new ideas, dreams, and visions, and can control the flow of energy within all the chakras. a quiet color, one of mystery and wisdom and judgment. a meditative and calming stone which works in the emotional, spiritual, and physical planes to promote calm, balance, and peace. It is also used to eliminate impatience.
12. lodolite: development + courage. increases courage and promotes self-development. it’s a great assistant when it comes to breaking new grounds and outgrowing yourself. often used in meditation practices. Another metaphysical use of lodolite is to bring energies to affect the manifestation of one’s desires. is also said to enhance communication with beings on the spiritual plane and heighten one’s spiritual energies.
• photography by victoria smith for sfgirlbybay.