How about some really cool birthday cake shot ideas and recipes? Those who have not tried this until now should go and get some shot glasses and practice a few recipes just as a rehearsal to get ready for their next
However, the general idea of these shots is that they contain small alcohol amount and have a mild, gentle taste so that the overall taste is pleasant but still you’d feel the alcohol.
Popular birthday cake shot ideas – with or without alcohol?
As we mentioned above, a birthday cake shot is not a strong drink. If you follow the definition that a shot is a small serving (usually about one ounce) of undiluted liquor or other beverage then the shot is actually a shooter which is described as a mix of liquors, i.e. it contains more than one ingredient. The truth is that both terms are widely used and people do not really care for definitions but for the taste and the fun.
Of course, you can take this trendy idea for festive treats and convert it to be suitable for people who do not drink alcohol or even children. For example jello shots would be the perfect choice in case you plan non-alcoholic treats. You can mix any type of fruit juice with milk or cream and chocolate, add gelatin and pour the drink in shot or cocktail glasses. Decorate with sprinkles and there you are – you have fabulous cake shots without alcohol.
Birthday cake shot ideas and recipes with and without alcohol
Most Birthday cake shot ideas and recipes are based on alcohol so the question what alcohol can be used is quite logical. The answer is – any alcohol will do – from Vodka, Bourbon, Scotch whiskey, even beer to Hazelnut liqueurs, Creamy liqueurs to delicious drinks like Bailey’s, Irish cream, etc. We shall give you some recipes with and without alcohol which you can use or simply get an idea for creating your own recipe.
Here is a basic recipe for one Vodka cake shot
- 1 ounce (30 ml) cake-flavoured vodka
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) dry white cake mix
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) chocolate liqueur
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) low fat cream
- whipped cream (for topping)
- sprinkles (for topping)
Shake all the ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into sprinkle-rimmed shooter or shot glass. Top with whipped cream and add more sprinkles for decoration.
Champagne Jello Shots recipe for 20 1-ounce shots
- 1 cup champagne (other sparkling wine)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- star sprinkles
- Add the champagne, sugar, and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Sprinkle with the gelatin and allow to sit for 3 minutes, do not stir. When the gelatin has bloomed, heat the mixture over medium-low heat and whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon-lime soda, let carbonation fizz out and pour into shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours until set. Sprinkle with edible gold stars before serving.
Birthday Cake Milkshake recipe
- Corn syrup
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup yellow cake mix
- 1 ½ oz whipped cream or birthday cake-flavored vodka optional
- Whipped cream
- Dip the rim of a tall glass into the corn syrup, shake off excess and dip in the sprinkles. Set aside.
- Place the vanilla ice cream, milk, vanilla extract, cake mix and vodka (if using) in a blender. Blend on high speed until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared glass, and decorate with whipped cream.
Baileys Birthday Cake Shot
- 1 oz. Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon Irish Cream Liqueur
- 0.5 oz. Smirnoff Iced Cake
- Whipped Cream
Shake with ice and serve in a chilled shot glass. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Birthday Cake Mimosa recipe
- Sparkling rosé
- Absolut Vodka
- Birthday cake ice cream
- Rim the glass with sprinkles.
- Add 1½ ounces of vodka.
- Add one scoop of birthday cake ice cream.
- Top off with sparkling rosé.
- You can substitute vodka and rosé with sparkling cranberry soda for alcohol-free version.
Flat White Martini
- 50ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 25ml Espresso
- 10ml Milk
- Ice cubes
- 0.9 units per serve
- Pop some ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and pour in the Baileys.
- Add the espresso and milk.
- Shake it up until everything is perfectly blended and the liquid is silky smooth.
- Strain into a cocktail glass, finish by gently placing three coffee beans on the top of the cocktail and enjoy.