Cloud 9 Villa is a sustainable countryhouse on dune designed by 123DV in 2013, covers an area of 517 m² and is located in The Netherlands.
“Duin & Beek residential district adjoins the young dunes. The natural scenery all around creates a sense of total freedom for the residents. This district radiates luxury, grandeur, and comfort, combined with the tranquility and privacy of living in natural surroundings. The landscape consists of an impressive dune forest atmosphere at the foot of the Kennemer dunes.
Echoing the leafy landscape, the exterior walls of the house are executed in natural materials such as stone and timber panels. The facades of the upper floor are covered with timber panels, which are extended across the windows in the form of external venetian blinds where more privacy is desired.
To maximize openness to the garden, the living area is executed with a great deal of glass. Several stone-clad disks provide the occupants with the privacy they desire. These have been designed to the allow morning, afternoon, and evening sun to penetrate the house whenever the occupants want.
The exterior walls of the house are executed in natural materials such as stone and timber panels, reflecting the natural atmosphere of the surrounding landscape. The facade of the upper floor is cladded with timber panels, which are extended across the windows, resembling external Venetian blinds, providing more privacy where it is requested. To maximize openness to the garden, the living area is executed with a great deal of glass. Several free standing stone-clad elements provide the family with the privacy they desire. These have been designed to allow morning, afternoon, and evening sun to enter the house.
Custom-made furniture offers quality time at different moments of the day throughout the villa:
• a lazy lounge chair with a fireplace as well as a television, all placed inside a freeshaped hole in a playful cupboard, located strategically between the kitchen and the living room
• an extendable table, ready for both quick breakfasts or convivial dinners
• a bath with seating area for 2 persons or children and an intimate shower with a view towards the garden.”
Photography by Hennie Raaymakers
- Bridge House by 123DV
- 360 Villa by 123DV
- Memory house in Mercedes by +Arqs
- Sunshine Beach House by Shaun Lockyer Architects
- Far Sight House by Wallflower Architecture + Design
- S+I House by DP+HS architects
- House Without Borders by Architectural studio Chado
- The Brazilian House by Debaixo do Bloco
- Flat in the heart of Ljubljana by GAO architects
- Apartment in Alexander Nevsky street by Alexandra Fedorova
The post Cloud 9 Villa by 123DV appeared first on MyHouseIdea.