This cauliflower breakfast hash is inspired by something my sister-in-law, Kat, (from
I also love that you can bake a pretty big pan and serve quite a few people at once with this cauliflower hash, so it would be a great breakfast recipe to make when you have guests staying over, or for something like Christmas morning.
I’ll give you my recommendation of how long to bake the dish for once you add the eggs, but you can change the consistency by just baking a few more or a few less minutes. I am team runny yolks, but I know not everyone feels that way. ?
Super filling and packed with flavor, this cauliflower breakfast hash would be an amazing dish served alongside
Cauliflower Breakfast Hash
- 6-8 strips of turkey bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-9 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk or cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions or chives
- Cook the turkey bacon. Then allow to cool enough to chop.
In the same pan, add a tablespoon of oil (along with the turkey bacon residue) and cook the bell pepper and onion for 2-3 minutes. Then add the cauliflower rice and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Stir the chopped turkey bacon into the mixture.
- Use 1 tablespoon of oil to grease a baking pan. Then add the cauliflower mixture in small mounds. I used a 1 cup measuring cup to do this and that worked well. Then press a small crater into each mound, creating a small volcano shape. Add an egg to each mound and if possible in between the mounds. Drizzle each egg with a little cream.
Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes. I like to keep this to around the 12-minute mark so the whites look just set but the yolks will still be runny. Once you remove this from the oven, top with shredded cheese and green onions or chives. Serve hot.
If you want to prep this ahead of time, you can cook the bacon and veggies and simply store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake. Then add the mixture to your baking dish as directed in this recipe.