Now that summer has arrived and the heat is in full effect, a lot of us just want to pull our hair up in a ponytail. So, we thought we’d bring you a few more creative ways you can spice up your everyday ponytail! From
The beauty of these ponytail hairstyles is that they can be done with your own natural hair or with the use of regular
1. Double Twisted Ponytail
- Split hair into two sections.
- Bring right section to the front, and work in the back with the left section.
- Starting on the left side, twist the hair until you get about halfway down your hair.
- Secure with an elastic.
- Repeat the same process with the right section of hair but twist starting from the right to the left.
- Twist the two sections in a bit more to create a tighter effect and secure the two sections with another hair elastic.
2. Fishtail Ponytail
When in doubt, fishtail it ?
Missy Sue is using a few wefts of her
- Brush your hair into a ponytail and tie it with a hair elastic
- Take a small section from the left side and cross it over to the right side.
- Repeat with the right side, take a small section and cross it over to the left side.
- Repeat crossing small sections all the way down until the end of the braid.
- Go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make the braid wider and more full.
- Secure the braid with an elastic when it reaches the bottom.
And you’re done!
3. Bubble Ponytail
Need some date night ponytail inspo? This super easy bubble ponytail is a great way to create an effortless yet fancy look.
Erin is using her
- Pull up half of your hair and secure it with a clear elastic. For added volume, tug on some pieces that are pulled back at the top section.
- Take a section of the hair in the half-up ponytail and wrap it around the clear elastic until you get to the end of your hair (not super tight though!). Then, you’re going to find the clear elastic underneath the ponytail (where it isn’t visible) and pull the small section of hair through the elastic so it stays in place. The only way you’ll have enough “give” to find the elastic is if you don’t wrap the hair super tight at first. Once the hair is threaded through the elastic, you can pull downwards to tighten the hair wrapped around the pony.
- Tease the ponytail. This ponytail is going to be your first “bubble” and you want it to have plenty of volume!
- Repeat Steps 1-3 until you get to the end of your hair.
4. Giant Wrap Ponytail
This super simple hairstyle, is perfect for jazzing up that everyday pony. First hairstyle in the video below:
Mimi is using her
- Brush your hair backwards, gather it all together and put it in a ponytail
- Take a big chunk of hair (about 35%) and wrap it around the base of the ponytail.
- Secure it with a lot of bobby pins on the bottom, top, everywhere to ensure the ponytail is secure.
- For some volume at the top of your head, use the bottom of a comb to make a few sections loose at the top.
5. Princess Ponytail
This timeless, beautiful look is easy to recreate and perfect for that upcoming weekend event. Skip to 3:09 for the video tutorial:
Mimi is using her
- Brush the hair backwards at the top.
- Gather your hair in a ponytail and secure with a hair tie.
- Separate your hair into two pieces and create an opening before the hair tie and pull the ponytail through.
- Take another elastic and create another ponytail just underneath the first one.
- Repeat step #3 and pull through.
6. Dutch Braid Pony
- Create a side part
- Start creating a dutch braid down the side of your head towards the back, and tie with a small elastic.
- Pull all your hair, including the braid, into a low ponytail in the back.
- Take the piece that is the braid within the ponytail, and wrap it around the base of the ponytail. This adds a creative element. Don’t worry if pieces are falling out – it just adds to that messy look!
- Replace the small elastic with bobby pins to secure the wrapped braid at the bottom of your ponytail.
7. Classic Ponytail
Running late? This ponytail is perfect to achieve when you haven’t got a minute to spare.
- Select a few pieces to frame your face and set aside.
- Bunch your hair into a regular ponytail while ensuring you have enough volume at the top of your head by tugging at a few strands at the top.
- Once you are happy with the placement, use an elastic to tie and secure the ponytail.
- To create a sleek look, take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic making it disappear. Pin the section in place with a bobby pin.
And you are finished!
So there you have it, 7 ways to flaunt that summer ponytail. Which ponytail hairstyle is your favorite? Let us know in the comments! If you recreate any of these looks be sure to tag us on instagram