Celebrities are just like us, except they have more money, more fame and
1. Amy Winehouse’s Camden Flat In London
Amy moved out of her house because she was scared to death of a little boy that haunted her. In an
2. The Benedict Canyon House Where Sharon Tate Was Murdered
We all know the horrific story of how Roman Polanski’s pregnant wife, Sharon Tate, was murdered by Charles Manson and his followers while at a party in this home. But this house was disturbing long before this event. It was originally owned in the 1920s by an MGM producer, Paul Bern, who gifted it to his wife, actress Jean Harlow, when they married.
Jean was so disturbed by the home she begged Paul to sell it. He unfortunately shot himself in the home four months later. According to
In the years that followed (and before the horrible Manson massacre), two other people committed suicide in the house and one person drowned in the pool. Several sightings of male ghosts were reported throughout the years, including Paul Bern’s.
3. The New York City Apartment Building Where John Lennon Was Shot And Rosemary’s Baby Was Filmed
John Lennon and Yoko Ono lived at the exclusive Dakota on the Upper West Side when he was shot to death outside his door. According to the
But it’s not just Lennon’s ghost that haunts the building. Lennon himself claimed there was a “crying lady ghost” wandering the halls. Other residents claim there’s a little girl that roams around.
The Dakota’s original owner had an interest in the paranormal and would often hold seances in the building, perhaps ushering in an array of ghosts that have moved in with the living.
4. Nicolas Cage’s Serial Killer Mansion in New Orleans
In an interview with
Nick sold the mansion less than two years later. Passersby still report hearing screams coming from the house.
5. Jayne Mansfield’s “Pink Palace” In Beverly Hills
- Ringo Starr had the home painted white when he moved in but claimed that the pink shade would seep through the new paint.
- Jayne’s friends refused to go back in the house because they felt like they were being watched.
- The son of the next owner of the Pink Palace found Jayne’s pink Honda and took it for a drive. He was killed in an accident the moment he exited the estate. His family moved out the same day.
The house was demolished in 2002.
6. Adele’s Haunted English Mansion
Adele was so creeped out by the noises in her former rental that she hired a female bodyguard to stay with her. She vowed to never spend a night alone in the house and eventually moved out.
In an interview with Anderson Cooper for 60 Minutes, she said, “This bit is quite scary, really,” as they walked through a dark hall. The 25-acre West Sussex property was a convent before, complete with a chapel.
7. Marylin Monroe Is Still Busy Making Appearances
According to several eyewitnesses, Marylin Monroe seems to be busy haunting places. She’s regularly seen in her former home where she died, and in the Roosevelt Hotel.
The Roosevelt Hotel was where she was staying in Hollywood when her modeling career took off. There have been sightings of her in her old suite 1200, her favorite Cabana Room Suite #246 overlooking the pool and in mirrors around the hotel.