While going through the wedding planning process, it’s easy to shift your focus on certain details that won’t make a huge difference in the long-run. Whether your caught up in Pinterest inspiration or obsessing over the latest wedding trends, take a step back and read these six wedding planning tips on how to create the perfect wedding for you and your love!
1. Don’t try to recreate something you love exactly. Use it as a loose inspiration, then find a way to make it your own! Try to find ways to tell your story through the design elements of your wedding —
2. Don’t let all the options on social media overwhelm you and muddle your look. It’s better to do a select number of things well than to jam too many details into your day —
3. Trust your gut! Whether you’ve been dreaming about your wedding since you were little or you’re just starting to paint the picture of your perfect day, you ultimately know what feels the most like YOU —
4. Try to remember why you are having the wedding. Finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with is the hard part. This is just having a party! Let go of small frustrations and focus on what is important —
5. Your wedding is your story not anyone else’s. Make sure to be unique and tell your family and your friends through your vision what your journey as a couple has been and will be like. Let your guests be apart of your day through your eyes — Jaclyn Watson of Jaclyn Watson Events.
6. Make sure the wedding reflects you as a couple, and remember what the day is all about. It’s so easy to get carried away with all the details and to stress, but it always comes together in the end. Your planner is there to ensure all those details are executed with perfection, so you can slow down during the wedding day and take it all in —
For more wedding ideas and wedding planning tips, visit: www.modwedding.com