This is a sponsored post on behalf of Elf & The Shelf.
I’m been super busy this month, that I almost forgot that my 30th birthday is next week. This month has been passing by so fast. We have been decorating for Christmas, our trees are up, and Christmas lights are outside.
Staying busy but forgetting that the most important moment this holiday season is fading away. Don’t let it go.
1. Adopt a new holiday tradition as a family. Last year we adopted an
2. Countdown to Christmas definitely helped us last year with keeping the spirit alive. My little gal was able to enjoy each day until Christmas a little present that represented our love and spirit of the holiday.
3. Baking/ Cooking Holiday Recipes together: Cookie season is just around the corner and with many delicious recipes it there, it’s a great idea to involve the kiddos with easy cookie recipes the whole family can enjoy. Our favorite holiday recipe is this Thin Shortbread Cookies recipe.
4. Give Back To Your Community: very year, I love teaching my kiddos about giving back even if it’s just a simple gesture like donating unused toys, clothes and new toys to the needy kiddos in our community. We sometimes make mini gift baskets with toys to give to our local shelter.
5. Decorate For the Holidays Together: decorating and crafting for the Holidays is my favorite part of the Holidays. I love seeing my kiddos faves when they help me with our tree, even arranging lights outside our home. We tend to craft a lot during the holidays for our blog and we even put up a kids Christmas Tree on their room.
Say hello to our Sparkle and newly adopted boy elf, which still needs a name. My kids don’t know this yet, but our elf is appearing sometime this weekend! I can not wait to see their faces and I will be definitely be recording their reactions.
For many Elf on The Shelf ideas, visit the
Let’s keep the holiday spirit alive! Do you ever feel like you’re getting swept up into the hustle of the holidays and forget to focus on what is important during the season? Share how you plan to make an effort to celebrate with your family this season and the traditions you look forward to doing together.