Today’s tutorial is a requested hairstyle from you guys!
I posted a picture of this look on instagram a few months back and so many of you asked for a tutorial I thought I’d go ahead and film it. I’ve never filmed tutorials for some of the more basic hairstyles so I’m excited to catch up on them. I hope you enjoy the tutorial! Thanks for watching! xo, Missy
4 Strand Braid Ponytail Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Bobby pins
- Hair band
- Medium-hold hairspray
- 1″ Curling iron
4 Strand Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair to frame this face and tuck this behind the ear.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section near the part on the heavy side and divide it into four pieces for the braid.
- Step 4 / With the far right strand, to cross this under the strand next to it, then over the next strand, and under the far left strand.
- Step 5 / Now with the two middle strands, cross the right strand over the left strand.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps while adding new sections into the outer most sections.
- Step 7 / Cross the far right strand under the strand next to it.
- Step 8 / Pick up a new section and add it into that piece being crossed under.
- Step 9 / Then continue crossing the strand over the next strand and under the far left strand.
- Step 10 / Then add a new section into the far left strand that was crossed over.
- Step 11 / Then with the two middle strands, cross the right strand over the left strand.
- Step 12 / Now repeat those steps, continuing the four strand braid until hair is brought in from above the left ear.
- Step 13 / Then continue the braid a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 14 / Now combine all of the hair together and tie it into a ponytail with a hair band.
- Step 15 / Go back over the looped pieces, pulling on the edges to make the braid wider.
- Step 16 / Then take a small section of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.