Jeremy and I have a little tradition that I don’t think we’ve ever broken. We celebrate Valentine’s at home.
As two introverts who love to eat out, this is the ONE night of the year when we’re sure to stay home. Avoiding crowds is our top priority. Haha! And honestly, it’s been a lot of FUN.
But it’s not just another night at home. Here are ten fun (and slightly random) ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day without a dinner reservation!
1. Re-watch the first movie you ever watched together (no matter how embarrassing it is!).
2. Buy a “grocery store feast.” This is one of our favorite things to do! Go to the grocery store and buy all your favorite guilty pleasure foods for a hilarious junk food buffet.
3. Grab your three favorite records that have romantic meaning (or make a playlist, if you must).
4. Invent a new cocktail together.
5. Cook a recipe together that you would NEVER cook. This is a fun one for us. We’re pretty healthy eaters (at least at home), so an all-carb dinner is a TON of fun to cook and feels very festive.
6. Build a fort with pillows in the living room.
7. Build a fire, sip wine and pretend you’re contestants on The Bachelor.
8. Bake heart-shaped brownies or a pie.
9. Look through old photos from when you first met.
10. Play Scrabble by candlelight (and then make out, duh).
Happy Valentine’s + Galentine’s Day everyone. And for those of you who hate V-day, feel free to take out your anger on us… haha! xx -Elsie
PS. My super cute light up sign is from Article.
Credits//Author: Elsie Larson. Photography: Amber Ulmer. Photos edited with the NEW A Beautiful Mess actions.